Be A part of Our Story
Bri’s Lodge is a local non-profit committed to helping individuals cope with loss, support their healing, nurture physical and emotional well-being and bring hope for the future, believing that no one should grieve alone.
Bri’s Lodge is currently launching our new companioning model in stages. This will include three types of support. The first is to continue with our Direct Companioning; we meet one-to-one with you or your family. The second is to initiate our support groups. Lastly, we will implement a retreat program that will include day and weekend retreats.
To reach this milestone, we need caring individuals committed to supporting our neighbors, friends, and community through times of loss. With your help, we can create a safe space so that no one should grieve alone.
Other Ways You Can Help
What Would Bri Do will receive 0.5% from each eligible purchase on AmazonSmile. No Fees or extra cost to you. Click on this link to choose What Would Bri Do as your charity of choice and start shopping! See how easy it is and ask your friends to do the same!
Are you a member of Thrivent Financial who is eligible to direct Thrivent Choice Dollars to your charity of choice? Choice Dollars charitable outreach funds can make a world of difference to What Would Bri Do as we work together to support grieving families.
By directing Choice Dollars, eligible Thrivent members recommend where they feel Thrivent should distribute a portion of its charitable funds.
- Donor Relations – Looking for someone that can help cultivate and solicit relationships with current and prospective donors in the community and surrounding areas—mainly looking for someone with experience in large/major gift experience.
- Grant Writer – Grant Writer interested in assisting our non-profit in writing strong grant requests to achieve our goal of building a grief lodge in Central Minnesota. We are looking for someone that is initiative and data-driven with the ability to research, prepare, submit and manage grant proposals.
- Event Planner – Looking for an individual interested in event planning for the three main events that we host: An Evening of Hope, Angel of Hope Candlelight Vigil & Rays of Hope Walk. This person should have an eye for detail, be creative and think outside the box. This role would have support from the already established committees for each event.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Looking for someone to help maintain two separate volunteer lists. One for individuals interested in supporting our cause for a wide range of tasks. The other list would be for individuals interested in “companioning” with another individual who has lost in a similar way. No experience is necessary for this role but would need to be sensitive to information provided by those grieving a loss.
- Marketing Manager – Looking for someone interested in helping with the marketing and branding of our grief lodge. This person would need to be creative and develop promotional strategies to include media, social media, and mailings. We may need to work with printers and designers to accomplish this.
- Administrative Tasks – There are many small tasks available to those who might have some free time to assist on an as-needed basis. These tasks may include mailings, donation pickups, etc…
We are searching for a generous donor to consider donating land to WWBD to construct Bri’s Lodge. We want to provide a space where individuals and families can come to find peace and solace, a place where they can connect with others who are grieving a similar loss. Nature has proven to be a part of the healing process.
Our dream would be that the land would have:
Be within 10-15 miles from St. Cloud
As mentioned, this is a list of our dream land, but any land donation would be greatly appreciated to get the planning underway. Your land donation would be the first building block to constructing Bri’s Lodge and helping those traveling their grief journey.